Auckland Bridge Club owns its own premises in Remuera, and is one of the largest and oldest bridge clubs in NZ, founded in 1931. It is a registered charity and Incorporated Society. It runs and hosts hundreds of bridge sessions and tournaments each year, and aspires to be the most highly regarded bridge club in Auckland.
The Club Manager is responsible for the successful leadership of the Club, according to the strategic direction set by the Committee, including:
- Management of all aspects of the club including its activities and the relationships between the club and the elected committee members, guests, employees, community, industry, suppliers and supporters.
- Co-ordination and administration of the Club's policies as defined by its Committee, and the development of operating policies and procedures
- Leadership and direction of all employees and contractors
- Development, implementation and monitoring of the budget, all accounting functions, payroll, grant funding applications GST etc, preparation of monthly and annual accounts.
- Protection of the Club's assets, including facilities, equipment and reputation
- Ensure delivery of quality products and services, and a welcoming and responsive environment ensuring maximum member and guest satisfaction.
This is a position that requires someone who is organised and self motivated, and who is enthusiastic about working with people. The role needs some flexibility in allocation of working hours, and although it would be useful if the incumbent was able to play bridge this is not a pre-requisite. Currently the role is 24 hours a week spread over Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
If you want any more information about the position you might like to visit the Auckland Bridge Club in Remuera, or call when it reopens in January, (for details www.akbc.co.nz) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a Job Description.
All applications will require a CV together with a covering letter outlining relevant experience and reasons for interest, and should be sent to email@example.com before 22 January 2018.